Wednesday, October 19, 2016

New Spinning Wheel_ Ashford Traveler

Good Evening Update...I have been busy, but first up I want to share my exciting new (to me) spinning wheel- An Ashford Traveler. This is my second wheel. I sold my first wheel. Its a cute beautiful wheel. Fits perfectly in my small livingroom. My first wheel, however beautiful...was simply too big for my small apartment. Now with this compact wheel,I couldnt be more pleased. Its so cute and I can take it with me to craft gatherings...Ive been having so much fun learning how to perfect my spinning. I have been working on fingering weight yarn. It can be quite tricky. 



But as you can see...I have come a long way in a short time. From using a drop spindle to my second wheel...I have shared a pic of a comparison of hand spun yarn in a short period of time. The teal is my very first hand spun on my first wheel and the white is on my Ashford Traveler. Not too shabby! What do you think?

Here are some rolags and hanks of yarn I created for a shawl project I was really excited about:
And here is the shawl I had to keep spinning for!!! I kept on spinning as I was running out...lol. But boy was it worth it. I am very proud of it! Isnt it gorgeous?!! 


...AND LOOK WHO GAVE ROLAGS A SHOT!!!
My 14 year old daughter! She did an outstanding job!!



HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS BLOG POST!!! IF SO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW TO SAY HELLO!!! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment