Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
This was an attempt at mixing colors in order to make a pattern for a scarf. It turned out well and then I would notice a "boo boo" way back....and take it out and start over. I did this three times...needless to say: three times was NOT" a charm. I gave up after all that and put it aside to work on something else.
Not to mention that I had no idea what I was doing stitch wise either...I am still not so sure...
This was done on the red knifty knitter loom. I had no pattern to go by...I just kinda winged it. Turned out really nice, cept for one thing: The neck hole was too big. She kept wriggling out of it. So, I added a drawstring type deal and now she cant wriggle no more...lol. I just did a 2 over 1 for the "collar" and then did 2 over 2...and then (as an end cuff to make it tight against her body) I attempted to do the p,kp,k but because I was new to it and had a small child bouncing all over the place it was very hard to keep track of where I was...lol. So I guess it looks a lot like the seed stitch? Thats what I was told anyway. All in all I am pretty proud of the outcome. What do you think?
Thursday, January 8, 2009
This is the hat I recently made for my daughter, Hailey. I did this one on the green knitting loom...
though with the brim it made it a bit snug. I will have to do this on the yellow loom as she adopted the "big head" symptom from her Daddy. Lol.
Now...moving right along...I was trying my luck doing the "knit purl knit purl" for the top part in white. I literally had to write "k, p" all around my green loom as when you have a small child bopping around all over the place its very hard to keep track...'specially when you are new to learning it.
I did the brim in 2 over 1, then I finished the purple in 2 over 2, then the white in p,k. Then last but not least, I added a cute lil pom pom on top. She loves it! Though she says its a bit snug as I mentioned above. Now I know what to do for next time. :)